Kidney stones are the crystallized excess minerals that have a tendency to retain in our kidneys. There is no doubt that kidney stones are very troublesome and painful. Thus, a person suffering from the condition wants to do anything and everything to get rid of kidney stones
You should know that the major factors that lead to the formation of kidney stones include insufficient fluid intake, acidic urine, excess protein diet, intake of excess salt and processed foods, consuming oxalate-rich foods, etc.
You will be glad to know that there are numerous simple yet effective home remedies that help you bid goodbye to these cruel kidney stones.
So, let’s get started with the wonderful home remedies for kidney stones for you
1. Pomegranate juice- Very easy remedy for kidney stones to begin with, right?. Pomegranate juices give a powerful boost to the overall functioning of the kidneys. Not just this, this tasty pomegranate juice aids in moving the stones along with the toxic substances through the urine. Thus, you should have a glass of fresh pomegranate juice every day to free yourself from the formation of kidney stones.
2. Coconut water- It is yet another easy-peasy remedy to flush out the kidney stones. Coconut water is loaded with potassium that has a crucial part in preventing the urine from turning acidic. Thus, coconut water prevents the formation of new kidney stones and keeps the chances of urinary infections as well.
3. Barley water- It is one of the oldest traditional home remedies to cure kidney stones. All you have to do is just take about a half cup of barley, bring it to boil in 4 cups of water. Let the Barley boil thoroughly, so that only two cups of water remains. After that, separate the solid barley and drink the water when it’s lukewarm. Having Barley water daily allows the easy passage of kidney stones with getting stuck anywhere in the ureters or bladder.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar- It is a very effective remedy to break down and dissolve kidneys stones. The acetic acid present in vinegar plays a vital role here. So, you can have it every day by adding 2 teaspoons in a glass of water. Make sure that you don’t overdo this remedy by having multiple glasses throughout the day. One glass every day is just the right way to get effective results in kidney stones.
5. Lemon juice- Citrate present in lemon minimizes the chances of forming new calcium kidney stones. This chemical, citrate is also known to disintegrate the kidney stones so that they can easily flush out of the body.
Suggested: Health Benefits of Lemon With Warm Water
6. Basil juice- Basil juice also contains acetic acid that readily helps in dissolving kidney stones. Also, being loaded with anti-inflammatory properties, basil juice relieves the pain and discomfort that kidney stones cause.
7. Banana stem- It is one surprising remedy for kidney stones that you wouldn’t have known so far. Well, the banana stem is enriched with potassium and magnesium that prevent the formation of new kidney stones. The anti-inflammatory properties are very strong in keeping away any sort of complication that can accompany kidney stones.
Also, not to miss banana stems is diuretic in nature (i.e increases the volume of urine to pass), thus contributing to easy flushing out of the kidney stones.
8. Celery Juice- It effectively clears the toxins from the body and enables the kidneys to function well. Celery juice is well known to help in the easy passage of kidney stones through urine. So, you can just grab a celery stalk and blend it with water and you can sip on it anytime in the day.
Suggested: Health Benefits of Orange
So far, all the kidney stones remedies were related to foods. Now let’s get on with the lifestyle-based home-remedies for kidney stones.
9. Yoga to get rid of kidney stones- It helps in strengthening the body organs to ensure their smooth functioning. Yoga is undoubtedly very popular to relieve the pain, nausea, and other discomforts created by kidney stones.
Camel pose, bow pose, cobra pose, wind relieving pose, and eagle pose are some of the most effective yoga poses to get fast relief from kidney stones.
Exercising is an effective remedial step- Indulging in light physical exercises such as jogging, brisk walking, or skipping can help in lowering the risk of minerals crystallizing in your kidneys. Thus regular exercise can keep a check on the formation of new kidney stones. Doing so will also help in the smooth passage of the stones through the urine naturally.
So, these were the useful home remedies that could set you free from the misery of kidney stones. Following them regularly is wise, but it is even wiser to get a proper check-up with a doctor.
Medical consultation for kidney stones is a necessary ensuring step
Very often, home remedies and medications bring desired results in getting rid of kidney stones. But in some cases, where these remedies and medications are unable to get you permanent relief, consult with a specialist doctor. In cases where medications do not bring the desired result, doctors recommend surgical treatment.
It is mostly the case of larger stones, that your urologist recommends surgical treatment for kidney stones. There is nothing to fret about as modern and advanced techniques like Shock Wave Lithotripsy are easily available to treat kidney stones.
Lithotripsy for kidney stones
Shock wave lithotripsy is a minimally invasive treatment and involves no big incisions, wounds, or stitches. The entire procedure of SWL is painless and the recovery period after the treatment is very short.
So, if you too are frustrated with the recurring pain and discomforts of kidney stones, do not delay any more. If you are in Delhi and looking for the kidney stone laser treatment in Delhi, you can get in contact with Pristyn Care and we will resolve any doubts that you have about the procedure. This effective treatment (lithotripsy) of kidney stones is available at Pristyn Care.