We can’t kick start our mornings without taking a proper bath. The time we spend in our bathroom is the most intimate time we spend with ourselves. The bathing time gives us personal freedom and relaxation. There are a lot of people who prefer bathing after coming back home from a long hectic day. This is because it unwinds their tension, gives relaxation, heals pain and promotes deep sleep. Bathing via good bath soap and liquid gel is extremely important to nourish your body.
Do you think that you bath in the right way? Think twice. Standing underneath the bathing shower and rubbing soap is not bathing. To nourish your mind, body and soul, you need to follow the right way of bathing. Today people try different types of bath styles that nourish their different body parts. Here in this blog, we are going to share a list of tips on how to take a bath. Keep reading this post and find new ways to bath and enjoy your bathing sessions.
How to take a bath?
Being a common practice all around the world, there are some people who still don’t know the right way of bathing. Bathing is the outer detoxification of your body. To amp up the process there are certain things you need to keep in mind like –
- Choosing a soft loofah
- Getting the water temperature right
- Choosing the right soap or liquid gel
- Keeping the water container clean
- After bathing moisturizing cream
Once you make sure to have all of these things, it’s time for the action.
The process of a bucket bath
- Squat down on a stool, so that the water covers more surface area when you pour it. Now mix hot and cold water as per your required temperature.
- If you want to wash your hair, then simply pour water in your hair and once it gets wet, apply the shampoo all over your hair. Now rub your hair properly and wash them with water.
- Once you’re done with the temperature thing and hair wash pour water on your entire body and get wet enough to apply soap on your body.
- Now apply soap or bathing liquid on your body properly and rub it until you get bubbles.
- Now take loofah and start scrubbing it slowly all around your body to remove all dead cells, bacteria and dry skin.
- Once you’re done with the scrubbing pour water on your body to remove the soup from your body.
- Now slowly rub your body with a towel and wear your clothes. You’re good to go!
How to take an Epsom salt bath?
If you are suffering from minor body pain, then soothe your tired muscles and reduce pain with Epsom salt bath. Epsom salts can be dissolved in water and allow your skin to absorb magnesium and sulfates. Epsom salt baths are best to reduce swellings and considered safe. Following are the points on how to take an Epsom salt bath.
- Mix Epsom salt in the warm water to detoxify your skin and reduce muscle soreness.
- Mixing salt in bathtub is a better option, as this allows you to relax in the water for a long time and soothe your pain.
- Soak yourself in the water for 20-30 minutes. This will allow magnesium to enter your body and soothe your broken muscles and pain.
If you have the problem of skin irritation, itching, allergic reaction or rashes, then we recommend you to avoid taking Epsom Salt bath, as it can cause dangerous side-effects to your skin.
How to take an ice bath?
People, who are into rigorous training, choose to take ice baths to reduce body soreness. Ice baths can’t be taken on a regular basis, but if you’ve recently gone under rigorous training sessions, then you should try it to quickly recover from your fatigue.
The simple steps to take an ice bath are –
- Buy 2-3 bags of ice and put it into the bathtub.
- Now turn the tap on and fill the bathtub and wait until the water gets bearable cold.
- Now sit in the ice water for 10-15 minutes.
There are multiple benefits of taking ice baths including, reduction of swelling, reduction of tissue breakdown, increase blood flow, sooth bad muscle pain, etc. Ice baths can be a little bit unbearable in the beginning, but once you spend 2-3 minutes in water, it will become relaxing. If you ask us “how long to take an ice bath”, we’d recommend you to spend no more than 15 minutes in cold water.
How to take a Sitz bath?
If you want to soothe pain, itching and other problems in your genital and anal area, then Sitz bath is the best bath that you can take into account. Sitz bath is a warm water bath in which a person sits in warm and shallow water to cleanse the perineum. You can safely give yourself a Sitz bath and get rid of genital and anal problems. Follow the steps shared below to take Sitz bath –
- First, cleanse the tub properly and fill it 3-4 inches with warm water. Make sure the temperature of the water is comfortable otherwise it can cause burns or discomfort.
- Now sit into the tub and soak your genital and anal portion for 15-20 minutes in the water.
- When you get out of the bathtub, gently pat yourself dry with a soft and clean towel. Avoid scrubbing your genital and anal areas.
When do you need to take a Sitz bath? When you’ve recently had vaginal/penal surgery, normal delivery and haemorrhoids surgically removed. Any kind of discomfort can be relived in your genital and anal areas with Sitz bath. It should be taken with proper care. With doctor’s recommendation, you can add povidone-iodine, baking-soda, vinegar and salt in your water and take Sitz bath.
How to take a sponge bath?
A sponge bath is one of the traditional approaches to keep you clean when unable to access a shower. It is a simple way of bathing without wasting time and water.
- Just take a bowl of warm water and a soft towel/sponge.
- Add antibacterial solution to water.
- Now soak the towel/sponge in water.
- Use the moist towel/sponge to clean your entire body.
- This is the best way to remove dead skin and freshen up your body.
Campers and hikers, who spend most of their time in remote locations, opt for sponge bath to freshen up and keep the body clean.
How to take a bubble bath?
Who doesn’t like bubble bath? It’s so refreshing and soothing experience. You can take a bubble bath by following some simple steps –
- Choose a liquid soap and pour it in a bowl, now add honey, light oil, glycerin, natural extracts and essential oil to make a bubble bath solution.
- Now fill your bathtub with warm water and add your bubble bath solution to it.
- Once the water starts producing bubbles, step into the tub and soak in the water.
- Now relax for 20-30 and come out of the tub.
- Clean soap from your body with warm water and pat yourself dry.
Instead of bubbles you can add bleach solution to the water and take bleach bath to detoxify your skin. There are different types of bath that are meant to cure different problems in your body. Do you know how to take an oatmeal bath? It’s just simple. When you fill your tub with water, sprinkle 1 cup of oatmeal under running water. Sit for 15-20 minutes in the water and relax. It is the best bath you can take to make your skin soft, supple and moisturized.